This website uses cookies. By using the services of this website you consent to the usage of cookies.
OK
 

Plastic Models

1:35 US M151A2 Fiord MUTT w/TOW-Miss.(1)

SKU: 300035125

Article number: 300035125 Product: 1:35 US M151A2 Fiord MUTT w/TOW-Miss.(1)

The familiar Jeep was born during WW2 and it is said that it contributed greatly to the allied victory during that time. Following the conflict, this vehicle was widely used by most countries of the world as a small transport for the ground forces and later employed large calibre weapons systems for ground combat support.

The U.S. Army first utilized this small vehicle in ground support firepower, by mounting the newly designed 105mm recoilless rifle in the rear of the Jeep. This weapon was developed to combat heavily armoured tanks and other tracked vehicles; however it was later adapted to anti-personnel operations with the development of anti-personnel shell charges. When the newer 106mm recoilless rifle came into being, it replaced the 105. This weapons system was mounted in the rear part of the Jeep, but could be also dismounted on a tri-pod for fixed use. As the old jeep became replaced with the newer M151 Ford MUTT, the 106 was also adapted to it. When the M151A2 was released during the late 70's, the model with the 106 rifle mounted was called M825. It had a beefed up rear suspension system to accept the rifles added weight of 325kg. Shortly the TOW missile system replaced the 106 recoiless rifles, as the main anti-tank mobile weapons system. Development of the TOW system began in the 1960's as a replacement for the large and heavy recoilless rifles. It was combat tested during the Vietnam conflict and proved its power and accuracy. It was further improved and finally replaced most of the 106's still in service.

Officially it is called the BGM-71A; however, it is most widely called the TOW missile system which stands for Tube launched, Optically tracked, Wire guided, missile system. When the missile is fired at a target, the shooter maintains the target in the cross hairs of the sight. The infrared rays of the missile exhaust are sensed by the optical sight and the computer compensated for the speed of the target an

M151A2 w/Tow Missile

1:35 US M151A2 Ford MUTT Truck (1)

SKU: 300035123

Article number: 300035123 Product: 1/35 US M151A2 Ford MUTT Truck (1)

The U.S. Armoured vehicle test course is located in Aberdeen, Maryland, and is one of the most rigorous and demanding coursed in the world. Early in April 1957, a familiar looking small vehicle was seen to be running over the course with comparitive ease, and upon closer inspection it turned out to be the replacement for the well known Willy's "Jeep", the new Ford M151. Outwardly this new vehicle loos very much like its older brother. Both are small, compact, rugged, simple to operate and maintain; however, the 151 incorporates all of the latest advanced features learned during combat operations in conflicts since world war II. Features such as the newly developed OHV engine, light semimonocoque body and 4 wheel independent suspension systems allowed it to outpoint all other submitted replacement vehicles for the ageing WWII Jeep. Development for this replacement vehicle was started by the Ford Motor Company were licensed to produce the vehicle and they delivered approximately 10,000 units a year to the U.S. Army, Navy Air Force and Marines. Shortly after its adoption it was selected by most of the nations of the free world as a replacement for their own light utility vehicles. Some of the advanced features incorporated into the M151 caused problems and defects were detected in the initial shipments, among the most serious was the strength and stability of the rear suspension system which was corrected and improved in 1964 and 1970. The M151A2 now in service has added safety features like stiffer rear suspension, large blinder lamps and a two step windshield wiper, safety glass and an impact absorbing steering wheel. With its extreme versatitliy the basic M151 can be altered into a combat ambulance; radio communications vehicle; 105mm recoilless rifle transport and a launcher for the new tow missile system adopted in the late 70's. Combat experience in VietNam has shown that the Ford M151 Military Utility Tactical Truck (MUTT) is indeed a very ve

U.S. M151A2 FORD MUTT

1:35 WWII Ger. S Tank Brummbaer (2)

SKU: 300035077

Article number: 300035077 Product: 1/35 WWII Ger. S Tank Brummbaer (2)

The Panzerkampfwagen IV has been described most aptly as the "workhorse" of the German armoured forces in World War 2; with continuous development throughout the war as a fighting tank, the chassis and running gear formed the basis of a number of very important self propelled weapons.

In 1942 the fighting on the Eastern Front was making even greater demands on German armoured resources, as the Soviet Army overcame the setbacks of the successful German campaign in Russia in 1941.

At this time, divisional armour consisted predominantly of the Pz Kpfw III and the Stug III, the later being armed mainly with either the short 7.5 cm gun, 10.5 cm howitzer. The need was for a heavier calibre weapon mounted in an armured chassis, sufficiently powerful for the demolition of big city buildings in the street fighting now bein experienced.

In September 1942 the German Ordnance Dept considered how the problem could best be overcome as rapidly as possible. The 15 cm heavy infantry gun, Model 1933 was a readily available weapon, and some limited experience of it in an armoured role had been gained in 1940 when a small number of Sig 33's were mounted on the tiny Pz Kpfw I chassis. The original success of this limited conversion had led, in 1941, to the decision to build a self propelled version of the Sig 33 on the Pz Kpfw III chassis. This was like a much heavier version of the original Stug III, except that the superstructure was very much higher to accept the greater bulk of the 15 cm howitzer. By the time of the Stalingrad fighting a first pre-production run of 12 of these vehicles was available.

By this time, however, the Pz Kpfw IV was rapidly becoming the most numerous and most important of the German combat tanks, due to its ability to carry the long 7.5 cm high velocity gun. In October 1942, the deliberations about the heavy assault vehicle attracted Hitler's personal attention. He ordered that the Sig 33 gun be fitted

1:35 WWII Ger.SdKfz.171 Panther A (2)

SKU: 300035065

Article number: 300035065 Product: 1/35 WWII Dt. SdKfz.171 Panther A (2)

In the beginning of 1942, in order to fight against the T-34, the German military ordered a new tank from Dymler-Benz and M.A.N. companies with the following specifications:

Weight- 35 tons; speed- 60 km/h; armament 75mm long gun and armour, 60mm thick in front hull, 35mm thick in the rear and 100 mm at the front of the gun turret.

Lastly, it was specified that the tank be equipped with a Maiback HL210, water-cooled, V-type 12 cylinder engine. In May of the same year, M.A.N.'s model was chosen without waiting for completion of a prototype tank. However, there were 2 important modifications. First, in order to meet the military's demand, considerably more than the original 35 ton weight was needed. Second, the military ordered a change in the thickness of the frontal armour from 60mm to 80mm.

Because of these changes, the engine type had to be chanded from HL210 to HL230. Then, in order to accommodate this engine, a much better gear was needed, but mass production began without this last change, which resulted in frequent gear malfunctions and related trouble. This became the Panther's greatest defect. In the same year, Dymler-Benz and Henschel were ordered to produce the Panther. Therefore, production was greatly increased and a total of 6283 Panther Tanks were produced, second only to P2KW-4 in number.

The first mass produced Panther type D was not equipped with a machine gun but after the experience of close battle. A 7.92mm MG 34 was added to the Panther's right front hull armament beginning with its type A. The special feature of the Panther was the left and right driving mechanism. This created an interchangeability of movements, using the torsion bar system. By 1944, the Panther was further improved from Type A to Type G with a change in its side shape.

The Panther continued its activities against the Allied Forces throughout the latter half of the war. One of the famed battles it waged during

Ger. Panther Med. Tank

1:35 WWII PzKpfw. II Ausf.F/G (5) SK.121

SKU: 300035009

Article number: 300035009 Product: 1/35 WWII PzKpfw. II Ausf.F/G (5) SK.121

In the morning of September 1, 1939, the German forces consisting of the 3rd, 4th, 8th, 10th and the 14th Armies invaded Poland all heading for Warsaw, its capital. This was the beginning of the 2nd World War that had shaken the whole world for six years and the Germans made a good show of their war efforts at the start with this violent surprise offensive by massed air forces and mechanized ground forces in close co-ordination, the so-called "Blitzkrieg". It was none other than the Pzkpfw 11 that had played the key role in this Blitzkrieg which started with the invasion of Poland to be followed by break-through of the Maginot-line 7 months later and ended with the surrender of France.

In anticipation of the delay in production of the two main strength tanks of the Pzkpfw III and the Pzkpfw IV then under development, the Ordnance Department decided in 1934 to develop a new tank instead to fill the gap. It gave specifications of the proposed new tank to the following three companies - the Mann, the Krupp and the Henschel. The specifications envisioned a tank weighing less than 10 tons and armed with 2 cm and 7.92 mm machine guns, one each. Among the designs of the rivaling three companies presented, the one by the Mann was selected and the Mann in cooperation with the Daimler-Benz developed a first tank of the a1 type in 1935. When 25 tanks of the same type were produced, the tank was officially named, "Panzer Kampfwagen II".

After the first 25, another 25 tanks of the a2 type and 50 of the a3 type were produced in succession by 1936. Tanks of these 3 types thus produced were equipped each with a 6-cylinder, 130HP, May-Bach HL37 engine and credited with a maximum speed of 40km/h. However, it was decried that the horse-power was not enough and the engine was replaced with a May-Bach HL-62 one of 140 HP. The frontal armour, too, was reinforced and a new tank of the b type was produced. In 1937, the Pzkpfw II was further improv

1:48 WWII Ger.Tank II Ausf.A/B/C F.C.

SKU: 300032570

Article number: 300032570 Product: 1/48 WWII Ger.Tank II Ausf.A/B/C F.C.

In the mid 1930s, the German military pushed the production of tanks. The Panzer I designed as a training tank, did not have the adequate performance, so a light tank was needed to full the gap until the Panzer III could be introduced. Therefore, the German Ordnance Department issued a request for a new training tank that could be used for combat. In the end, MAN was chosen in 1934 to produce the Panzer II, a compact 4.8m long, 2.2m wide design with a three man crew. The 8.9 ton tank featured a 2cm Kwk 30 L/55 cannon and 7.92mm machine gun in the turret, 15mm armor protection for turret and hull front, leaf spring suspension, and a 140hp Maybach HL 62 TRM engine matched with a ZF SSG46 transmission, which gave it a 40km/h top speed. The Ausf. A was produced from 1937, followed by the Ausf. B and C, which were difficult to distinguish from each other visually. About 1,100 Panzer tanks were produced by April 1940, and due to delays with the Panzer III, they were immediately issued as the Panzer divisions' main tank for the invasion of Poland in September 1939. Based on lessons learned on the battlefields of Poland and, in May 1940, France, improvements such as extra armor and a turret cupola were added, and the Panzer II went on to serve in North Africa and Russia in front line and liaison and reconnaissance duties until the end of 1943. Afterwards, they were used to police occupied territories and the chassis was also adapted for use as the basis for various self-propelled gun designs.

1:48 Sd.Kfz. 251/1 Ausf.D Halftrack (2)

SKU: 300032564

Article number: 300032564 Product: 1/48 Sd.Kfz.251/1 Ausf.D Halbkette (2)

Of the many variables that take affect any conflict, supply and mobility are the most pressing.Germany realized this very early and developed a number of vehicles for this purpose,including the Sd.Kfz 251 half-track. This machine became the centerpiece of their mechanized corps throughout WWII. The half-track could drive on difficult terrain and could easily tow various kinds of trailers and cannons. The Ausf.D was designed for ease of production and various types were produced, including those equipped with wireless radios and gun turrets. However, the basic version was the troop carrier which seated 12and came armed with two MG42 machine guns. The half-track could be seen at every front and had an on-road top speed of 53km/h and a 300km operational range.

Length: 126mm, Width: 48mm. As there were many variations of the Ausf.D, this 1/48 assembly kit model of the GermanMtl.SPW. Sd.kfz 251/1 Ausf.D Schutzenpanzerwagen depicts a personnel carrier. Parts such as the interior and undercarriage have been accurately reproduced with less parts for easy assembly. The included assembly type tracks have a realistic sag effect. A commander figure wearing a winter uniform and a soldier figure carrying a MG42 machinegun on his shoulders are included. (Total 2) Accessories such as the Panzerschreck, grenade cases, infantry equipment and so onare also included in this set. Three kinds of decals depicting Normandy and the Eastern front units are included.

1:48 WWII Ger. 20mm Flakvierling 38 (4)

SKU: 300032554

1:48 WWII Ger.Truck Krupp Protze w/8Fig.

SKU: 300032534
1 2 3 4 5 6
to the top