Article number: 300078025
Product: 1:350 Jap. Schlachtschiff Yamato
Based on the latest historical research, this famous WWII battleship has been reproduced down to the finest detail in this 752mm long 1/350 scale model kit. Even parts which had not been seen before in model form, such as the turret barbettes, have been reproduced as Tamiya challenges conventional ship model standards. This model accurately depicts the Yamato with increased anti-aircraft armament as she appeared on her final mission to Okinawa and may be assembled for either full-hull or waterline display. Two sheets of photo-etched parts for details such as ladders and cranes are also included. With this level of engineering, accuracy, and detail, this is literally Tamiya's new flagship model.
Reference Booklet Included (B5 size, 32 pages)
Reference Booklet which provides background information for the Yamato, descriptions of her features, and some interesting facts about the WWII Japanese Navy is included with kit.
- NEW TOOLING - 1/350 scale assembly kit of the Yamato
- Reconnaissance seaplanes and various small boats equipped on the Yamato are included
- New parts: the ship's foredeck, sides, and stern have new details based on the latest research
- 90% of the deck components are molded separately to allow greater realism. Separate parts also make it easier for modelers to paint and finish. These parts include the superstructure details and anti-aircraft guns
- Main gun turrets can be rotated freely. They feature interiors as well as turret mount details below the deck level. Poly-caps enable the switching of gun barrel parts for different display poses. The choices are; (30-degree or 3-degree elevation)
- The canvas covers at the base of the main guns and sand bags for the AA gun positions are made with elastomer. The use of elastomer plastic depicts those parts more faithfully and naturally
- Rotation and gun elevation of secondary armament and both 12.7mm and 25mm AA gun mounts is possible
- Mast components are made from ABS plastic for greater durability and are less brittle
- Photo-etched parts for ladders and radars included
- The model is equipped with metal propeller shafts. Poly-cap attachment allows the rudder to be movable